Monday, April 12, 2010

Little Known Things

In response to an email Susie sent:

WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Great, great grandma Katherine and spelled as Shakespeare did: Katharine after mom's thesis, Taming of the Shrew. I understand there was some decent in the family about whether I should be Katie or Katharine and mom won. (Dad, can you confirm this?)

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Yesterday. Thinking about dad and Adrian and Grandma. My life is so simple and I wish yours were too.

DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I don't see it that often. Can we revise to ask if I like my font?

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Pastrami. With Dijon, sauerkraut and rye.

DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No. We understand that eventually we will cave to genetic pressure but are not ready yet. We need to move the chickens out of the attic first. Baby steps.

IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Nope. CRAZY! Amy told me it makes me more interesting but I would punch me.

DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes but am tempted to take them out with a fork, my throat is always sore.

WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
It depends on who was with me. If I was talking someone else in to it I would jump just to prove to them it was ok. If it were Elliott, no. I don't need to convince him I am brave, he knows the truth.

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Lucky Charms (cause they charm your day), Trader Joe's Vanilla crunch (cause its good but still feels healthy and it is hard for me to get, which makes me want it more) Grape Nuts (they are the "go to" cereal)

DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
If I am forced to wear shoes with ties I can't take the time to be released from my prison, I gotta break out

DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Stronger than some, not as strong as Heather

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Americone Dream or Spoon Me

WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Teeth

BLACK OR PINK?
black

WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
That I am discontent. With everything, especially myself.

WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
The Sydneys (mom and nephew)

WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black, as 90% of the time

WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Melba toast. Salty but satisfying. And a Jonagold Apple. This is the ultimate apple. Cripsy, juicy and a little tart. Delicious, deeelicious.

WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Maia Sharp, not loving it.

FAVORITE SMELLS?
Cooking. Not necessarily food but the cooking of it. Except bacon, I don't like that it lingers in everything. I also like the gross musty smell of my dog, it is a comfort smell that you don't want to admit you like (you know you have one) and E fresh out of the shower.

WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Alison with BBC. She sure talks funny.

DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
What kind of question is that, anyway?

FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Baseball at Spring Mobile Ball Park (season opens Friday!)

DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope. I got lasered and LOVE it

FAVORITE FOOD?
Tricky. The best food I have ever eaten was an egg soufflé or a rabbit roast but both seam really pretentious and I don't know that "favorite" and "best" are the same thing. Lets say, grilled cheese but only after 1am, that is when they are the most satisfying.

SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I am ashamed to say this but I don't really enjoy movies right now because I get too wrapped up in them and I am struggling to separate my emotions in the movie from reality. I think they have medication for that but I don't have any.
I don't like scary, I am already high strung and falsely elevating my heart rate seems like a bad idea. Not to mention the fact that I dream about whatever media I have seen in the past 24 hours. I cry at EVERYTHING so Happy ending or not, it will make me cry. It seems a waste of time if you don't get caught up but I don't have the emotional energy.
I'm not answering this question.

LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
Hot Tub Time Machine. Didn't cry, barely laughed and now I have lost 2 hours of my life.

FAVORITE SEASON?
Fall. Back to school supplies are the best.

HUGS OR KISSES?
Nothing better than a sincere hug. We don't touch each other enough in this world. Wanna touch me? I'll take your hugs

WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Girl with the dragon tattoo. I am determined to finish it for book club since I have not been able to do that with one book yet. I finish them, I am just always a book behind. Emberassing.

WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Brothers and Sisters (very disappointed with the writing this season and lets not forget what a bad actress Patricia Wettig, who plays Holly, is. Maybe Kitty's cancer in contagious)

ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. The Rolling Stones need to shower

WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Japan. I want to make it my home.

DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Yes, telling other people what they should be doing in their lives and beyond. Am I always right? No, but I fancy myself an objective observer. I have also discovered lately that I am a facilitator, not instigator.


If you made it to the end, you should post this on your blog too. It will make you fancy.

3 comments:

Ashley C. said...

I like you.

This was super fun to read. :) And I am hoping you can use your special talent to direct my life. That would be lovely.

:)

just jen said...

i want to be fancy.

if you lived by a pinkberry you would give up spoon me forever. i promise.

williamsfam5 said...

ok. I'll do it.