One year ago I believe I posted about the struggle to find a balance between vacation and travel and I am happy to say, the scales have tipped and I have returned from Mexico fully rested for the first time following a vacation.
Resting from what, I am not sure as life has been fairly mundane and uneventful lately. Let me take you on a mini tropical vacation as I proudly become the poster child for
"All the things you never thought you would do until you were 60".
Day 1: Arrive in Cancun, check in to
hotel, go on small timeshare adventure to win free stuff, eat, drink and be Merry!

Our hotel was nothing fancy or expensive but I will tell you it got the job done. I am sold on Cancun! I have very faithfully passed judgment on people for going to overdeveloped tropical places with too many hotels overrun with tourists but I will take this opportunity and repent for my judging ways. I get it.

It turns out if you go to Cancun there is no suffering involved in your vacation. You can bring a bag on wheels packed with 10 too many pairs of shoes and outfits that you will never wear, you can feel clean, drink the water, sleep without a mosquito net and all of this while you do absolutely nothing and enjoy every minute.
Paradise. But a different kind of paradise than I have loved before. This was about finding and embracing your inner tropical sloth and I will not be ashamed.
A little tour of the hotel where we stayed:
(once again, you get the self-portrait tour)
The view from across the hall looking East onto the patio and on to the ocean.

The ol swimming hole, one of 4 that overlook the beach. Equipped with the swim-up bar and endless parades of beautiful people. I have fancy tropically blown hair and HUGE sunglasses.

and another view, looking South.

Look at that water. Could ya?
More to come...
3 comments:
jealous.
i have never been on a vacation like that...maybe someday!
looks glorious. way to go. and way to imbrace your inner tropical sloth. i think that might be my best self.
Wait a minute, wait. You are in Cancun!?? That is probably where we will be in May! I am so excited for you to be there first and check on the the drug cartels for me.
It looks pretty, the weather looks amazing and I don't see any dead bodies anywhere. I think these are all good signs. You are gorgeous and I hope you have a blast!
Post a Comment