Translation: Make snorking = to take the white folks out on the boat on rough seas where they will turn green. Throw them in the water with promises of great fish knowing full well that you cannot guarantee any sightings but get a kick out of seeing them inhaled salt water and sunburn. Paradise.
We learned this lesson the expensive way last time and brought all our own gear and minimal expectations this round. Truthfully, I cannot be too disappointed being out on a boat regardless of the conditions. One of our party, who shall remain nameless, did not fare as well and left his lunch out to see with the fishes. Poor guy.
We can be happy on a bus in paradise.
The Buddies.
More photos to come of these two doing boy things together and being the cutest buddies there ever were. We will miss you, Otto's.
We are not good at getting group photos so I post this one despite my self-editing judgment:
Elliott, Katieriggs, Chris Otto and Dr. Saphu Pradhan (Otto)
Elliott, Katieriggs, Chris Otto and Dr. Saphu Pradhan (Otto)
Could we be happier to have the wind and salt sea air in our hair? I think not.
We made snorking (I must say, Panama takes the award for best snorking. Isla Mujeres is supposed to be the best in the world but I challenge that), we went and saw dolphins (that were in an enclosure and being tortured by tourists), and went to the turtle reserve where Elliott found his shelled soul mate. They were in love.After our lazy days on the windy beach of Cancun, we got the greatest rally car South of the border to take us on our next great adventure. We affectionately called him George Sanchez and he is my hero. I had no idea a 1986 Nissan could still run let alone conquer the dusty trails of Mexico.

2 comments:
that picture of elliott and the turtle is classic!
I'm not sure about Elliott being a beer model, but he sure could be a turtle model! That's a keeper!
How was the old foot down there in sand land?
BTW, I loved the blog about the snowy Monday in SLC. That's a keeper of a story, too.
Post a Comment