Thursday, July 30, 2009

Spreading our Wings, Vegas Style


This weekend Adrian took her next big leap in life and moved the family to Las Vegas to take a job with Cirque. My heart broke a little to see them go but you can't fault a girl for starting a new adventure.

I know the theatre Gods will watch over her and keep her safe and happy within their walls.

She is in the same theatre I worked in when I was at Blue Man Group and many of the same crew still haunt the dark so I know she will be cared for.

That city and especially that theatre, hold many great memories for me and my time there was truley the gateway to my independant adult life and I hope that she finds it to be as rewarding.

Saying goodbye to Sydney was harder than I anticipated. You can never spend enough time with growing munchkins adn the realization of the permanance of him being so far away hit me as I said goodbye to him at the airport.

The poor skycap didn't know what to do with me as I stood at his counter trying to hold myself together long enough to find my driver's license. By the time I was checked in and it was time to weight my bags (full of goodies from Trader Joes) he just handed me my ticket, let his hand linger a little and said, "I'll take care of these, I hope you get feeling better".

Humanity gets one point!

Just when I was about to write off the human race as being dishonest and selfish, this skycap let me check 2 overweight bags for free. Really, are there many gifts sweeter than kindness from a stranger? At the Las Vegas airport? I dare say nay.

I got to spend 4 glorious days with Sydney while I helped Adrian get settled in her ghetto-licious accommodations. We had a grand time riding on luggage carts, watching The Wiggles and learning to climb on the furniture.
Since Sydney says "hot" every time you open the door to the car and he feels the outside air, maybe he will want to move North again soon.
Salt Lake could use a circus act, or two.

3 comments:

just jen said...

fruit salad, yummy, yummy.

hopefully you will be able to take lots of trips to vegas to see him.

i loved hanging with you last night, can't wait to do it again.

auntie libby said...

oh dear. my heart aches for you all. there is goodness in change and adventure but it is hard and being away from each other is even harder. i'm guessing the road between here and there will be well traveled.

big hugs to you all.

LG-n-me said...

I am sobbing. It hurts me how much I miss you, and I know that Sydney feels it twice as much! Then there is Maisy...she has just been moping since she got here. It is her favorite thing to see her cousins! Come back soon! I love you guys!