Heather: "Did you notice this is draining?"
Katie: "Gross! Don't say draining. And don't look at is so close, you are making it hurt"
Heather: "Katie, when did you wash this last? It is infected"
Katie: "I'm not supposed to wash it and it is always that ugly"
Heather: "Come down to the clinic so I can take care of this for you"
Katie: "I don't wannnnoooo! you are going to hurt me!"
So off we went to the Riverwoods Veterinary Clinic where I sat in the treatment room on the animal table where I have seen horrible things done to small creatures and let nurse Heather fix my foot. A little surgical scrub, some wincing and soothing ointment and off I went.
When I told the doctor my sister who works at a Vet and had taken initiative to clean my up, he did not think that was cute. Judgy judgerton.
Dr.'s advice was: "Stay off of it, rest and keep it elevated or the swelling won't go down and this won't heel."
Well I am really glad I paid you $300 to tell me that. Now let me out of here so I can go get into more trouble.
Here are photos of my foot before the infection. I am having a hard time making this work with the text but give her a try.


3 comments:
Holy Shitake Mushroom! That looks seriously horrible. I am so sorry that I silently was unsure of the damage. Not that I doubted you, but that is a little worse than I think you made it sound. Or maybe I was hoping you weren't hurt so badly. Please let me know how I can help you! I'm in SLC T, Th and Fridays.
PS Heather is a rock star.
oh my goodness katie. this looks awful. i am so sorry. if you need to go anywhere farther than 10 minutes i can come pick you up and take you there. seriously. anytime.
your foot is ugly. you are gorgeous. we love you and miss you and think that you are funny and great and wish that you could get better as fast as you want to. i wish i was there to give you a pink and white polka dot bag with deodorant, breath mints, magazines and candy in it.
Post a Comment