I still have more photos of London to post but we are now in Paris. What a place this is. Elliott and I were sitting in a bar last night having a baguette, cheese and beer for dinner and don't know that I have ever felt more content. The food was so satisfying and I don't know if it is because we were ravenous but that meal was the best we have had and nothing satisfies the way a cold beer does. I was tired from a day of working, walking, museuming and sitting in the public squares with all the people buzzing around or lounging in the spring sun.
I had a tinge of sadness when I realized that the person who was always just as excited to hear about my exploits as she would have been to participate but she wouldn't be there to share with when I get home. The conversation would go something like this:
"Did you walk along the river at night? and to the Eiffel tower?"
"Did you get a baguette for lunch and just walk along the street?"
"Did you go to Notre Dame? Did you love it? Did you understand why Victor Hugo wrote about it?"
"Did you see the Winged Victory at the top of the stairs? Isn't she beautiful?"
Although the enthusiasm cannot be captured by just typing it, it does remind me of the expectation she has that I enjoy all the things that she learned to love about this city.
I am trying to get it all done, I really am.

3 comments:
sounds wonderful.
i hope you get it all done, too.
there are miles to go .... don't worry about getting it all done. for if you did there would be no reason to want to go back. take your love and memories and dreams and simply breathe it all in. although it cam be cruel at times, life truly is beautiful! love you!
It sounds like Paris is as romantic as it is portrayed. How lucky you are to be in such a place with your love. (sigh)
Are you going to be home in time for the friend reunion, probably 4/10? Jason, Jen and more....
Miss you!
Post a Comment